At SSE we are observing the week long Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
At SSE we are observing the week long Swachch Bharat Abhiyan (22nd – 26th June 2015)
At SSE we are observing the week long Swachch Bharat Abhiyan (22nd – 26th June 2015) in accordance with the principles adopted by the G.o.I and as per the circular received from Secretary, UGC.
We shall continue to apply our principle of 6 S-
- Sort: Sort all the items and decide what is needed and what is not needed.
- Systematize: Put in order the needed items by deciding a place for everything and then making it a habit to put everything in its place.
- Standardize: Standardize on the system of maintaining the items.
- Sweep: Clean, discard and dispose of what is not needed.
- Segregation: Segregation of garbage.
- Sustain: Do it always. It is not a one-time activity.
All 6 S should be applied to physical as well as e systems.
Mahatma Gandhi dreamt of an India which was not only free but also clean and developed. Mahatma Gandhi secured freedom for Mother India. Now it is our duty to serve Mother India by keeping the country neat and clean.
- I take this pledge that I will remain committed towards cleanliness and devote time for this.
- I will devote 100 hours per year that is two hours per week, to voluntarily work for cleanliness.
- I will neither litter not let others litter.
- I will initiate the quest for cleanliness with myself, my family, my locality, my village and my work place.
- I believe that the countries of the world that appear clean are so because their citizens don’t indulge in littering nor do they allow it to happen.
- With this firm belief, I will propagate the message of Swachh Bharat Mission in villages and towns.
- I will encourage 100 other persons to take this pledge which I am taking today.
- I will endeavour to make them devote their 100 hours for cleanliness.
- I am confident that every step I take towards cleanliness will help in making my country clean.